New Redesign Header

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

SAMA's Mosaic Salon


The Society of Mosaic Artists (SAMA) is having its 5th annual convention in Lexington, Kentucky at the end of the month. One fun event is the Mosaic Salon. Any SAMA conference attendee can display his or her work. Here is information direct from the SAMA website:

Join us for the 5th annual Mosaic Art Salon and Auction!  Any SAMA conference attendee can display her or his work for everyone to enjoy and even purchase. Tables will be set up in the Salon area to display the art all day on Thursday.   Later in the evening, during the Welcome Reception, all attendees guests may browse the mosaics and register a written bid on any piece they wish to purchase.  At approximately 8:30pm, bidding will close, and each work for sale will go to the highest bidder. The payment transaction is then handled on the spot between the artist and the buyer, and the buyer takes the work home.


Last year was my first SAMA conference and I didn't know anything about this event. But this year I'm going to enter a mosaic piece. Now I know you can see a pig drawn on the Wedi board. That was from an idea I had a year or so ago for a mosaic. Now I'm making "Kitties in Spring" or something like that. I've been cutting out pieces with my ring saw and having a wonderful time!

1 comment: